After analyzing the release notes of RES WM 2011 SR2/SR3, we decided to upgrade our customer site from RES WM SR1. As usual the upgrade went very smooth and seemed like a walk in the park.
A couple of days after the upgrade to SR3 we suddenly received a lot of support calls regarding blocked applications. We noticed that the AppGuard log was full of processes being blocked. This was quite strange because no new applications were deployed in the last couple of weeks.
Prior to SR2 the authorized process name field could only contain 15 characters. A long filename like “LongProcessName.exe” was registered as “LongProcessName”. No options were available to change this.